Who is 6Synct?
Operating out of Midland, Ontario 6Synct is an Engineering Consulting Firm. We help our clients across North America with their off-highway vehicle development and implementation in electrification. We work with OEMs and End Users with their vehicles, and concept development to support the clean energy movement away from fossil fuel consumption.
As an Electrical Engineer, reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will be an integral part of our consulting team leading or supporting the communication and decisions of development initiatives on our electrification projects. This is a design role with opportunities to support as a project manager when required.
Daily Tasks will include:
- Designing high level and detailed electrical schematics for off-highway electric and/or hybrid vehicles.
- Detailed review of electric vehicle component literature (ex. DC/DC, motor, Inverters) and the integration of these components into the vehicle architecture.
- Design High Voltage Junction Panels (<1000VDC) and other high voltage wiring and harnesses for manufacture by third party (either OEM directly or another source). This includes identifying the correct safety systems and devices such as contactors, fuses, etc. for each application.
- Design Low-Voltage (<48V) and control wiring and harnessing. Understand CAN based control systems and help with troubleshooting, start-up and testing plans.
- Support high level system architecture design.
- Work closely with project teams to complete risk assessment, DFMEA and other project documentation.
- Support customers in the development of test plans and be available for on-site commissioning when required.
- Assist with 6Synct internal development initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent combined with 2 to 5 years of relevant experience within the electric vehicle industry.
- You take ownership on project tasks and are not afraid to ask questions when needing clarification
- A strong entrepreneurial mindset and ability to stay motivated in a fully remote environment
- Essential: Electronic / electrical knowledge
- Able to fully understand the interrelationship between a vehicle’s electrical-software systems
- Availability to travel, approximately 10%-20% of the time to customer sites, pending project schedules and timelines, and covid-19 restrictions
- You’re located in the province of Ontario, Southern Ontario preferred
- Legally able to work in Canada
Why work for us?
- Flexible and remote working hours and environment. We’re a flexible employer that believes the best work is done on time, pending project timelines and scheduled meetings.
- Work from the cloud at the comfort of your own home
- We’re a dynamic growing team dedicated to changing the future, one electric vehicle at a time.